Kevin Spacey entered a not-guilty plea on Thursday morning connected to sex offenses leveled against him that date back almost 20 years. The 62-year-old Spacey appeared in London’s criminal court over the sexual assault charges stemming from his time as an artistic director at a local theater between 2005 and 2013. The actor was charged with four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
In a court appearance last month, Spacey’s lawyer said the actor “strenuously denied all allegations.” Spacey was questioned by cops in 2019 about claims by several men who said he assaulted them during his time as the artistic director of London’s Old Vic theater between 2005 and 2013. The alleged victims are all now in their 30s and 40s. Four of the alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and one in Gloucestershire, England, in April 2013. The Crown Prosecution Service authorized charges against the actor in May, but he could only be formally charged once arriving on British soil last month.
Spacey, who was granted unconditional bail, could face life in prison if found guilty of the most serious offense. If convicted of sexual assault he could be slapped with a six-month prison sentence or an unlimited fine.
Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com